We have over the years acquired extensive experience in a range of industries, with its core business built around commercial and sectional title collections as well as conveyancing. In 2007, the firm was appointed as the plaintiff attorneys for the National Potato Co-operative in a High Court action against Price Waterhouse Coopers. The case involved a claim of over R600 million and included records and pleadings of over 200 000 pages. It was, and remains, one of the most prominent and longest-running litigation matters ever heard in the North Gauteng High Court. It is also the leading reported case involving auditor negligence, champerty and litigation funding in South Africa.
We have also been appointed as a conveyancing firm on Nedbank’s “A” Panel, and have been ranked within the top 50 firms serving on Nedbank’s panel since 2018.
As a corporate and commercial law firm, we offer a full spectrum of legal services. These services are structured into two core business divisions:
Corporate and commercial legal services, focusing on litigation, collections, and regulatory compliance services in the following industries:
Sectional Title and Community Schemes
We have acquired extensive experience and provided specialised legal services for the Sectional Title and Community Schemes in South Africa for the past 25 years. Our levy department ensures prompt and cost-effective collection practices. We also provide sound legal advice and exceptional services for many Body Corporates and Homeowners Associations throughout South Africa.
Commercial Property Industry | Company Law | Information Technology
Having served on the panels of City Property, EG Chapman, Growthpoint and Pretor, we have achieved extensive experience in the Commercial Property sector, including Commercial rental collections, Commercial property-related contracts and Statutory Compliance Services.
We have extensive experience and can assist our clients with Company Secretarial Services, including:
- New Company Registrations.
- Company Conversions.
- Drafting and filing of Memorandums of Association.
- Drafting of Shareholders and members Agreements.
- Trust Registrations with the Master of the High Court.
- Drafting and filing of Trust Deeds.
- Registration of Trademarks.
- Submissions of statutory compliance documentation and correspondence with the Master of the High Court and the CIPC.
Information Technology Law
This field of law relates to the legalities governing the digital dissemination of software and information security. Having been involved in this industry for over 15 years, Jose Pereira has extensive knowledge of the legal implications governing information technology and can assist with the following services:
- Software Licensing Agreements.
- Data Privacy and Security.
- EU International General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance.
- Protection of Personal Information (POPI) compliance.
2. Conveyancing, Property related transactions and Family law:
Conveyancing and Property related transactions
Having been appointed as a conveyancer in 1995, Michael Kirkcaldy has extensive knowledge and experience relating to all aspects of the property transfer process, including:
- Deeds office transfer registrations.
- Bond registrations.
- Property Sale and Purchase Agreements.
- Drafting of Wills
- Antenuptial Contracts
- Divorce and Settlements